Form 1099-MISC Reporting
The Form 1099-MISC ranks far and away as the most ubiquitous Form 1099 for reporting purposes. In spite of this distinction perhaps no other form generates more questions and contains more traps that can catch the unwary filer.
Join Steven Mercatante Esq., founder and owner of TaxInformationReporting.com, to discuss Form 1099-MISC and its many complexities, including:
* What actually qualifies as rent for Box 1 Reporting
* Why royalties may mean more than what you think
* Settlements and how to report to both attorneys and claimants
* The dreaded Box 6 vs. Box 7 medical service provider debate
* Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation
* How to target and address the most common reporting mistakes.